Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Update!

I have so much to talk about but not a lot of time.

1. Christmas was great. It was wonderful to be with the entire family. I really miss having Tim and Jill around (but more to come on that). And one of my Christmas gifts I received was studio recording time, so heads up for my new CD to be out sometime in the late summer or fall.

2. Delilah has really been coming around. After a really horrible incident with the dog sitters over Christmas (long story I don't want to get into), she has come full circle and doing well. She was spade shortly after the holidays and has healed nicely, her training has been doing well. She's still a bundle of energy, but I have had many say they would adopt her from me in a heartbeat if I would give her up....not a chance!

3. After much thought, prayer, and research, I have come to the decision that I am leaving my current job (and life for that matter) and I am becoming a Travel Nurse. Travel Nurses work for an agency that places us on 3 month assignments all over the U.S. and U.S. territories. My first assignment I will be taking will be in Dallas Texas some time around late May to early June. So, I will get to be closer to Tim and Jill for the summer months! I'm really looking forward to new experiences, getting to try out nice churches in the bible belt, meet new people, and try out my skills in some of the best hospitals in the nation (I'm hoping to get Baylor). Of course this comes with some worries and fears about leaving behind my friends, family, and the only home I've known my entire life (Northern Virginia). But it's only 3 month contracts, and if I don't like it, I can always come back to the area.

4. Mark your calendars now!! My mom wrote a musical for our church. We started rehearsing almost two weeks ago now and we are all really excited. It's going to be a wonderful show!! We will be performing the evenings of May 2nd and 3rd with a possible performance in the afternoon of May 2nd. Please everyone make an effort to come see and bring a friend. This will be a wonderful outreach opportunity to our community!

Ok, I'll write more later!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. What a big step! I have a friend who traveled / worked like that (as a speech pathologist) and she loved it!
Best of luck to you!

Jill said...

Yay! I didn't know it was official! I'm looking forward to having you around!

Jacque said...

Woo hoo on the job change! That's wonderful. I too have had a friend who was a travel nurse (and Jenevieve even did that with surgery for about a year) and they both loved it. And, just like you said, it can be for a season of your life. That's wonderful! It looks like I'll be coming to DC sometime at the very end of June and staying into a bit of August. I'll probably be in Texas at some point because Jen is moving back there in July. With a baby. Phew!!! Love you and miss you!

wildlawman said...

That'll be my second friend who is a travel nurse. My friends Aaron and Whitney are doing that (Whit is the nurse). They're really enjoying it. I hope it all goes well! Too bad I'm leaving the metroplex in May (I graduate the 15th and start my bar prep on the 18th in Houston). Anyway, congrats and let me know if you need anything!