Monday, December 01, 2008

Joys of Puppyhood

Well, I should have taken a picture, but instead I got down on my hands and knees to clean it up.

So I've had Delilah for about 3 weeks now. For the most part she is a wonderful puppy, a true joy to have. Yes, we have had a few small issues, potty-training is still a work in progress (too often slowed down by bouts of diarrhea from treats), she nips like a puppy, and is still learning to listen. But I spend most of my day at work thinking about her and when I'm going to get home and see her!

So, today I was at work. My mom was so gracious as to stop by and let her out. While my mom was leaving, Delilah decided to attempt to jump the gate that blocks her in my kitchen...and succeeded! So she but her back in and told her a firm no, and left.

Well, when I got home tonight I was greeted by not only a very happy puppy but 2 full rooms full of ripped up trash. I had a stack of newspapers by my fireplace, that she took and ripped to pieces. She also took two of my remote controllers (still in-tact) into the bedroom. She found a CD case and put holes into it (thankfully she didn't get to the CD). All of my stuffed animals were pulled down and scattered about the floor, none were torn but a few of the beanie babies tags were pulled off, so I don't think they'll be worth anything in 10 years. Yes, it could have been a lot worse but man I was mad.

Joys of Puppyhood!

No comments: