Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Welcome Delilah Kerby!

She kind of just fell into my lap. I saw an add on Craig's List for her Monday night, and sent an email to inquire about her.
I recieved an email back yesterday morning, telling me the were moving today (wednesday) and if they didn't give her away yesterday, they would have to take her to a pound. I agreed to meet her.

So my dad, Ian, and I climbed into the car and drove to down towne Anacostia to meet a guy about a dog! ( Dad came with me for safety )

It was love at first site. She an Ian got along so well, and she looked so healthy, I just couldn't say no. So I brought her home.

It's been a wonderful 24 hours. She's great so far. Already spoiled. She's curled up asleep right next to me now. Now I pray that this will be a very long and wonderful friendship.

3 comments:

Sign2Jill said...

AWWW! Wow! What a whirlwind match!

Katherine said...

how sweet! How old is she? :)

Jerri said...

I'm glad you had company in Anacostia....we used to live at Bolling, so I know where you were.
She is a sweetie. I'm so glad you have a new "puppy"! Great job last night, by the way!